Sunday, January 19, 2014

Weekend just FLEW by!

What's with the weekends feeling like they don't last long these days??  And STOP it with the polar vortex already!  It's dropped a million degrees in the last two days and I'm not impressed.

My kitchen was warm as anything today, as I had my first encouter with a grease fire.  Needless to say I almost crapped my pants, but I put it out quickly and all was fine.  But my heart on the other hand, it had a major work out.  Took a while to calm down after that!

Made a lot of food today!

First up was putting a pork loin in the crock pot for some good old fashioned pulled pork!  Served on a bun.  And yummy all around!! 

This is my own recipe so here goes.

Crock Pot Pulled Pork

1 pork shoulder roast, or pork loin, or really any kind other than tenderloin
1 cup of BBQ sauce of your choice
4 tbsp mustard
2 tbsp garlic powder
Freshly ground pepper

Put your pork roast in the crock pot and cover it with all of the ingredients.  Cover the crock pot and cook on low for 10 hours.  THAT'S IT!

When the time is up, shred the pork!







Next up was the recipe that caused my grease fire!  Combination of high heat, oil, and chicken fat.  Not impressed!  Anyways the recipe turned out great in the end, but I'm not sure based on the anxiety it caused me that I will be making it again :)

Maple Mustard Baked Chicken Thighs with Potatoes





Next up was a favourite around here that I haven't made for awhile - chicken, leek, mushroom pot pie.

It always turns out great and is full of flavour!

If you search my site for chicken, leek, mushroom pie you will find the picture of the recipe I clipped years ago!





Our fourth meal of the week came from the freezer, and my mother in law made it, so I don't have a recipe for you :) 

Lastly, ended off the day making a batch of pizza pinwheels which I have posted earlier on the site. 

Nighty!

No comments:

Post a Comment