Sunday, January 19, 2014

A little late...but here is last week's meal plan :)

Life has been busy...and hence why I haven't been timely with posting.  I also blame it on the January BLAHS.  Does anyone else lack some motivation during the winter months? 

Last week through my lack of motivation, and also through my freezer that still has fully cooked meals in it (waiting to be EATEN!) I made three meals.

First up was a pasta dish in the crock pot!  I've never actually tried a pasta slow cooker meal before so was kind of excited to see how it worked out.  Found this easy gem of a recipe!

Crock Pot Ravioli

I followed this recipe to a TEE, and it turned out perfect.  The kids loved it (okay my son was livid that there was green pieces in it - spinach - but i buried them deep enough that he got over it) and my daughter brought it to school the next day too!!  It was delicious and in case you're wondering - YES, it tasted just like ravioli!


Next recipe was a fave around these digs.  Chicken a la King!  I serve this dish over top of either egg noodles, or puff pastry shells.

I got this recipe years ago from a Presidents Choice Insider Flyer if you can believe it, and I clipped it and have used it ever since!

Chicken a la King

This recipe turns out fantastic every time.  My kids DEVOUR it.  The only modification I make, is using lactose free milk.  Otherwise it would be bad news for me :)






Last recipe I made was a find on Pinterest.  And I would call it a Pinterest FAIL based on what it turned out looking like!!  If you're going for "look" you won't like this, but it did taste good.

Maple Honey Mustard Glazed Chicken

As you can see by the picture they show it looking like, and what mine turned out like, it was a FAIL all around.





And that's a wrap - time for this week's blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment