Thursday, September 26, 2013

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Ever since my daughter entered school it's become a weekly tradition to make a batch of homemade banana bread chocolate chip muffins to throw in her lunch bag for snack time, along with some fresh fruit. 

It's often a time where my daughter joins me in the kitchen and helps to measure, pour, stir, and create a giant mess in the process!  It's never clean or easy when cooking with a child :) But it's good for them to be a part of the process, and know what's going in their belly at the same time. So I try to involve the kids wherever I can. 

I use this recipe from the great allrecipes.com site:

http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/17652/banana-crumb-muffins?mvtid_tab=b

I modify this recipe slightly to make it a little bit healthier. 

Instead of butter I use vegetable oil, and instead of white sugar I use brown sugar. I also don't make the crumb topping as I find that's just a little much with all the added butter and brown sugar.  No child needs extra sugar!

I add chocolate chips for some added yumminess!

Now with both kids in school it's still a weekend tradition to make these.  I try to do double batches on a weekend so I only have to bake them every two weeks as there are now two mouths to feed :)

Give these easy muffins a try and let me know how they turn out!




No comments:

Post a Comment